The Senior Director is a senior member of the Studio Operations production team. They will direct all of the Channel’s output including live rolling News, Current Affairs/Feature Programmers and Outside Broadcasts. They will have a comprehensive knowledge of Television News Production techniques including Newsroom and Graphics systems and the equipment used.
- Managing on a daily basis the technical output of the newsroom/studio to meet the requirements of the editorial team.
- Working closely with newsroom and Creative team to determine and technically achieve the visual style of the channel’s news output.
- Daily management, motivation and leadership of Studio Operations production team.
- Liaising with News Operations on OB productions.
- To liaise with technology department to ensure studio equipment is maintained and functioning.
- To direct news bulletins and pre-recorded programmes.
- To come up with creative solutions to enhance the channel’s news output.
- To ensure highest technical standards are achieved for the channels output.
- Perform other duties relevant to the job as requested.
- Deputize in the absence of the Head of Directors.
- Fluent English speaker.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Creative skills.
- Technical skills.
- Communication skills.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Films, Directing, Media Production or any related discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years experience working in broadcast environment.