The Senior Cameraman is responsible for the acquisition of news and programmes footage on location using ENG camera, sound, lighting and edit equipment.
- Rig & operation of ENG equipment on location for acquisition of news and programes material.
- Maintain and look after ENG equipment to the highest standard.
- Work closely with editorial ﬁeld teams to deliver high quality live and recorded material from the ﬁeld.
- Maintain accurate documentation of equipment for shipping and customs purposes.
- Meet editorial deadlines for delivery of edited packages from the ﬁeld.
- Assist editorial staﬀ with the pre-planning of news and programes events.
- Document and report any technical problems encountered with ENG equipment.
- Assist with development of new technical workﬂows & equipment associated with news gathering.
- Follow and work within all safety guidelines produced by the network or contracted security advisers.
- Work closely with department coordinators to achieve eﬃciency in mission planning and tasks.
- Occasional training of editorial staﬀ.
- Perform other duties relevant to the job as requested.
- Creative Video skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills.
- Technical skills with portable transmission systems – BGAN, Thuraya IP.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Communication skills.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in any similar discipline.
- Minimum 4 years experience in similar role preferably in Media Broadcast Industry.