Assistant TX Transmission Operator
The Assistant TX Transmission Operator(s) are individually responsible for the control of the final program output of beIN Sport. It is from transmission that live news produced by galleries in all broadcast centres, all interstitial material, commercial content and programmes (produced both locally and acquired) on server and/or tape are broadcast. It is the final point of the broadcast chain prior to distribution, so those in transmission have ultimate control and responsibility of the channel output. Responsible for reviewing all programmes and commercial content prior to broadcast (QC – quality control) and must ensure it meets with technical broadcast standards as well as rules and regulations set down by any regulatory authorities under which beIN Sport are legally required with which to comply.
- To carry out transmission functions for services originating from beIN Sport play out facilities (Doha) in an accurate and effective manner. Transmission functions include operation of playout systems, ingesting, schedule verification, service monitoring and detection and resolution of service incidents.
- To provide consistently high standards of proactive monitoring to ensure services are broadcast according to schedule and that problems or potential issues are detected and resolved in a timely and accurate manner.
- Quality control of all programme and commercial content. Ensure that Ofcom regulations are adhered to, and report any issues that require resolution prior to transmission.
- To resolve incidents and ensure the impact on transmission output is minimized, and that faults are escalated and reported appropriately.
- To ensure adequate follow up of all incidents during the shift in order to prevent repetition of faults and improve response.
- To ensure handover to the next shift or handover from the previous shifts is sufficiently carried out.
- To communicate incidents accurately and appropriately to beIN Sport management.
- To ensure that output adheres to strict guidelines set down by regulatory authorities.
- Perform other duties relevant to the job as requested.
- A technical understanding of broadcast operations within a transmission environment
- Fluent English speaker and able to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Able to deal with competing demands and remain calm under pressure
- An ability to produce and present concise reports
- Recognise early signs of difficulty and act accordingly to resolve them
- Minimum High School Diploma or any other relevant technical certificate
- Minimum 1 year experience including experience preferably with a major international broadcast facility