The Assistant Interpreter is responsible for LIVE translation of interviews and speeches from a foreign language to Arabic. This is a very important job in a Newsroom depends a lot on covering Live events from all over the globe and interviewing newsmakers & experts who do not speak Arabic. Interpreters should be able to work non stop for long hours in breaking news cases and they should enjoy excellent Arabic language as they work as a bridge between 2 languages.
- Provide live on-air English (and/ or French, German or Italian) /Arabic interpreting for pre-arranged interviews and press conferences inside and outside News Bulletins.
- Provide live on-air English (and/ or French, German or Italian) /Arabic interpreting for live and recorded weekly programs, like Talk-Shows, Sports Programs, Occasional Sports Programs.
- Provide live on-air English (and/ or French, German or Italian) /Arabic interpreting for daily Sports News programs.
- Once notified of an impending pre-arranged activity which requires their services, interpreters are responsible for preparing for the event by making the necessary research for background information on the subject, the personalities and issues involved to assist them in their tasks during the live coverage.
- During events which are spread over a long period of time interpreters are required to provide live on-air which may last for hours.
- Facilitate effective communication between two parties that do not speak a similar language by converting one spoken or written language to another.
- Relay concepts and ideas between languages.
- Mastery in the working languages.
- Good research ability.
- To be able to work as part of a team.
- Very good communication and coordination skills.
- To be able to work under pressure.
- A sense of urgency.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Translation, Interpretation or a relative linguistics Degree.
- Minimum 1 year of professional practical experience in simultaneous interpreting field.