The Tax Advisor is responsible for keeping an efficient and effective taxation at corporate level with capability of handling the taxation application and oversee compliance requirements for Doha. To set global taxation strategy and oversee its compliance at the group level.
- Develop and implement tax planning strategies to optimize taxation at the Company and the Group level.
- Manage tax compliance process and deliverables of local operations ensuring all reporting obligations are satisfied accurately and timely as per tax laws and regulations of the State of Qatar.
- Manage tax compliance process and deliverables of international operations/investments ensuring all reporting obligations are satisfied accurately and timely as per local tax laws and regulations of such foreign operations/ investments.
- Monitor local and international tax legislative developments and advise on impacts and opportunities, as well as with respect to current and proposed transactions.
- Research, analyze and report tax issues at the Company and the Group level.
- Assist in the due diligence process for potential acquisitions by preparing financial models to assess tax impact and preparing international tax planning initiatives.
- Plan, design and implement process improvements related taxation.
- Develop team of tax professionals with expertise in local and international taxation.
- Extensive knowledge of Qatar and International Tax Laws & Regulations
- Transfer pricing and tax treaty agreements
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, internet and email applications)
- Industry knowledge in the media sector is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Tax, Finance or related discipline
- Master’s degree and / or professional certifications of CPA/CA
- Certification in Tax courses are preferred