Senior TX Transmission Operator / Engineer
The Senior Transmission Operator(s) are individually responsible for the control of the final program output of beIN Sport. It is from transmission that live news produced by galleries in all broadcast centres, all interstitial material, commercial content and programmes (produced both locally and acquired) on server and/or tape are broadcast. It is the final point of the broadcast chain prior to distribution, so those in transmission have ultimate control and responsibility of the channel output.
Senior Transmission Operator are also responsible for reviewing all programmes and commercial content prior to broadcast (QC – quality control) and must ensure it meets with technical broadcast standards as well as rules and regulations set down by any regulatory authorities under which beIN Sport are legally required with which to comply.
Senior Transmission Operator may also at time be required to come off shift to work on projects or act up for the Supervisor of the department. They will also be required to train new staff members and aid in the implementation, testing and commissioning of new hardware and software
- A strong technical understanding of broadcast operations within a transmission environment
- Fluent English speaker and able to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Able to deal with competing demands and remain calm under pressure
- An ability to produce and present concise reports.
- An ability to lead by example.
- Recognise early signs of difficulty and act accordingly to resolve them
- Aptitude required to train new staff
- Education: Minimum Bachelor Degree in Electronics Communication Engineer or any related discipline.
- Experience: Minimum 4-5 years’ experience as a Transmission Controller, including experience with a major international broadcast facility, and working within a live news and/or sports environment.