Senior MCR Engineer/ Specialist
The Senior MCR Engineer/ Specialist is responsible for the core of the station’s technical facilities, responsible for the acquisition of live and recorded media via Satellite, Fibre and IP Technology. He manages the loading of multiple traffic strands on the beIN Sport fibre and satellite network and ensures the operational stability for the delivery of both News and Programmes incoming to the station.
- Communicate with the Facilities Section to coordinate the flow of incoming News or Programs footage.
- Operate the core technical facilities for the acquisition of live news via satellite, fiber or IP Technology.
- Undertake Quality Control and transcoding of all incoming streams or package transfers to Media Servers.
- Coordinate effectively with operators in the field to support remote operations via satellite, fiber, and IP networks.
- Reports clearly in the booking system all technical or operational issues observed during transmissions.
- Identify faults and take immediate preventative action to restore traffic.
- Undertakes routine testing, preventative and corrective maintenance of transmission systems and ancillary equipment.
- Provide operational and engineering support to other technical areas within the broadcast centre.
- Ensure Correct Satellite Access procedures are implemented on beIN Sport Leased space capacity.
- Ensure the monitoring and adjustment of incoming video streams according to the beIN Sport Broadcasting Technical Standards.
- Provide level1 equipment support to crews in the field.
- Report technical issues to Handovers and Ticketing System.
- Operate DTL camera position.
- Assist MCR Engineer colleagues in fault chasing if needed.
- Ensure accuracy of Handovers and Logs.
- Train new staff.
- Suggest in writing new Standard Operational Procedures or changes required.
- Correct Operational Diagrams and/or workflows if required.
- Fluent English speaker and able to communicate effectively in writing.
- Able to report technical issues through clear diagrams .
- Commitment to solve problems quickly and effectively.
- To be able to translate user requirements into technical requirements and technical specifications.
- Able to multi-task.
- PC / MAC computer.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Broadcast Engineering, Electronics or Communications Engineering.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a 24 hour news MCR environment or Media Technical department.