Senior Accountant (Kuwait)
The Senior Accountant is responsible for supervising and follow up on financial and accounting operations.
- Recording daily accounting transactions including fixed assets, Inventory, Sales, Cash etc.
- Running of all the financial affairs of the company.
- Maintain integrity of accounting system to ensure that it remains effective and operational at all times.
- Analyse business performance and results
- Prepare and analyse all the deliverables requested locally or by the head quarter.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and follow up on identified discrepancies.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness and validity of all financial transactions.
- Perform periodical and year-end procedures related to the closing process.
- Comply with the year-end closing process and requirements as circulated by head office including cut off procedures for expenses and receipts, physical count, reporting package.
- Maintain and update files and records of all agreements and contracts, important management decisions and correspondence, bank records, HR information etc.
- Identify all the critical issues in the entity including the budget adequacy, compliance of local laws and regulations, major disputed or outstanding amounts etc.
- Establish internal financial controls.
- Manage the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures and ensure their compliance with international, national standard and best practices.
- Collate all relevant information to produce end of year statutory accounts for the company.
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, internet and email applications)
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is a must. Professional certification is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of related experience. Experience in the media industry is preferred.
- Knowledge: Financial accounting principles, review and audit techniques / International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) / International taxation and transfer pricing principles / Industry knowledge in the media sector / Accounting systems especially in ERP