Producer’s Assistant (English Live Programs)
The Producer’s Assistant is responsible for ensuring the creative, technical and editorial quality of the content they are responsible for creating.
To also ensure content compliance to brand and company expectations and regulation and that the content is completed on time.
Will be responsible for overseeing creative and pressurized edit suits.
The Senior Producer’s Assistant will coordinate video insert requirement, analysis and playlists from EVS within the Control room during busy live and recorded studios.
The Senior Producer’s Assistant led the team of Assistant Producers and work to the Program Producer for different sporting event studios.
The Senior Producer’s Assistant will also adopt the responsibilities of the Producer when required.
- To assist in the pre-production stage through to post production.
- Must be experienced to high level in an edit suite.
- To ensure implementation of all editorial requirements as instructed by senior members of production.
- To screen games and selects shots for highlights/analysis.
- To log events correctly.
- To produce analysis within live productions to high editorial standard.
- To coordinate correct feeds into playback machines in Control room.
- To research, write and disseminate ideas for future content packages.
- To screen videotapes and/or servers and conduct research in the media asset management system to obtain material for the preparation of production elements.
- To write and script stories, as needed.
- To assist Producers or Senior Producers in gallery.
- To make correct editorial decisions under pressure in a live environment.
- To ensure all implementation of process is as approved budget and timelines.
- Must be well organized, flexible, and have a good overview of the production process.
- To be responsible for specific aspects delegated to him/her by the producer.
- To interview for content when required.
- Must be prepared to work unsocial and long and irregular hours.
- To travel and carry out sports coverage abroad.
- May be asked to perform additional duties and take on other responsibilities as dictated by events.
- Editing Skills.
- Experience with EVS in live sporting control rooms.
- Experience in shoots.
- Computer Skills.
- Research Skills.
- Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Journalism, Media, Communication or other related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Assistant Producer or Similar within Television Company.