Manager of Technical Support
The Manager of Technical Support is responsible to proactively manage the delivery and evolution of a diverse range of Support functions that bring beIN’s programming to air. This is to be achieved through the effective and efficient use of the resources that make up beIN’s Technology Support functions.
This position must directly collaborate with the Director of Technology to collectively transform beIN Media Group’s Technical Support into the industry’s leading Support division utilising industry best practices combined with strong leadership and management skills.
The role encompasses responsibility for providing management of a cross-functional and multi skilled operational teams through creating and setting a vision of how highly motivated teams can work together to deliver excellence through the development of a realistic and challenging departmental strategy.
The role will provide an efficient utilisation of facilities and resources across the department ensuring high quality of service is delivered in a cost-effective manner through the implementation of a department strategy that aligns to the Broadcast and Business strategy.
The role will also provide appropriate knowledge, expertise and assistance to support all production initiatives across the business including input to improvements within Technology.
- To advise and influence senior management level through structured communication of resource availability and shortfalls
- Be able to demonstrate strong stakeholder management abilities and communication skills
- Motivate a team of Technical Support Engineers through performance coaching, and setting objectives
- Improve productivity by highlighting deficiencies and recommending change in tools, training, processes and employment engagement
- Report Operational achievements and progress to the Technical Operations Directors on a regular basis including statistical analysis and improvement of action plans
- Maintain a mindset of continuous improvement in terms of efficiency of support processes, customer satisfaction and the application of tools for monitoring, management and optimisation
- Build relationships with the operational and the technical department management of our key customers
- To be accountable for managing the quality of service provided by the department to the business Unit customers
- To proactively manage internal client requirements to ensure efficient and effective resource
- Forecast and assist in the setting of yearly budgetary requirements for the Broadcast sections across the business
- To monitor and anticipate work-loads on a continuous basis such that the full impact of new requirements or initiatives can be fully understood, and assessed
- To maintain departmental resource management plans, and to review these plans to identify opportunities for greater effectiveness or efficiency
- To participate in the ongoing process of recruitment, development, motivation and retention of high calibre teams
- Identify training needs and develop relevant training plans
- Solid understanding of communication and telecommunication services
- Solid understanding of broadcast network infrastructure technical domains
- Prioritizing and Multi-tasking skills
- Negotiation capability
- Presentation skills
- Innovation skills
- Project management
- Diplomacy and persuasiveness
- Computer skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Education: Minimum Bachelor's degree in Telecommunication Broadcast TV or Computer Science engineering
- Experience: Minimum 10 years of professional experience in Broadcast Engineering management and significant experience with management of employees and administration of budgets