Assistant Coordinator – Satellite Booking
The Assistant Coordinator - Satellite Booking is responsible to manage and coordinate the booking of satellite, fiber and Bgan facilities for live on-air production using a professional scheduling system. Also responsible for coordinating with relevant internal and external parties to ensure the smooth incoming of news feeds.
- Good Understanding of satellite / fiber optic network / IP Network worldwide to make decision on the best route possible.
- Good Knowledge of the media industry to be able to deploy SNG and ENG crews & book broadcast facilities worldwide as and when needed.
- Receive satellite booking requests from News editors, Interview and Program producers & coordinating with field crew & bureaus to ease flow of incoming news footage.
- Log all transmissions ( Live, pre rec, Bgan, tape etc… ) in SCheduAll, , entering onsite coordination information, technical specifications and costs.
- Communicate with other BC satellite desk to optimize usage of resources.
- Communicate with News desk, MCR, Ingest on any transmission changes & cost update.
- Trouble shoot in case of extension, cancellation, transmission failure.
- Interpersonal skill.
- Multitasking skills.
- Computer Skills.
- Attention to details.
- Minimum High School Diploma.
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience in related field.