Data SRE and Systems OPS Lead (F/M)
beIN Media Group is looking for a Data SRE and Systems Operations Lead (Data SRE / SysOps Lead) as part of the global digital data team. The Data SRE / SysOps Lead is responsible for beIN’s Cloud or Hybrid Cloud data warehouse performance, reliability and security, ensuring that end-to-end cloud deployment experience, from concept development to deployment, runs efficiently. This role will take the architecture outlined by the Sr. Data Warehouse Architect and then integrate the end-to-end processes and tools. This role will also oversee operations for ancillary databases including our CRM/transactional database and our CMS/content management system. The Data SRE / SysOps Lead will be the subject matter expert on our cloud-system partner as well as the key liaison to third party data warehouse tools.
- Advanced degree in IT/IS, Computer Science or related discipline
- You have more than 5+ years of experience in Data Warehouse SRE
- 5+ year experience provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running on cloud or on premises MPP data warehousing systems (e.g. AWS Redshift, Microsoft Azure, Google Big Query, Oracle Cloud, Teradata, etc.)
- Direct experience with Amazon WebServices, with knowledge of Autoscaling, ELB, ElastiCache, Kinesis, Lambda, ECS, RDS, S3
- 3+ years of design, implementation and support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, security and scalability)
- Experience developing ingestion and clustering frameworks (i.e. Kafka, Zookeeper, YARN)
- Experience working with high volumes of data (~20TB)
- Experience scaling an application and/or its hosting environment to support traffic increases
- Experience with streaming data ingestion, machine-learning, Apache Spark a plus
- Experience in Data lake / Big data analytics platform implementation, both cloud based and on-premises
- Experience with source code management using Git or Subversion and release processes.
- Knowledge and experience with data and information architecture patterns and implementation approaches for Operational Data Stores, Data Warehouses, Data Marts, Data Lakes, Virtualization, Container, Integration Layers, etc.
- Knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery principles, patterns and usage.
- Advanced knowledge of data architectures, data pipelines, real time processing, streaming, networking, and security
- Knowledge of distributed data processing platform with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Oozie,, MapReduce, Spark, Shark, Storm, RabbitMQ, Flume
- Understanding of the fundamentals and procedures related to SSAE16, SOC, ITIL standards
- Expert knowledge of chef, puppet or other Infrastructure Automation frameworks.
- Knowledge of GDPR regulations
- Desired Certifications: AWS Certified Associate SysOps Administrator or AWS Certified Associate DevOps Administrator.
- Excellent ability to elicit, gather, and manage requirements in an Agile delivery environment