Data Engineer (M/F)
beIN Media Group is seeking Backend Data Engineer as part of the global digital data team. The Backend Data Engineer is responsible for ETL/API job workflow for our current 12 data sources to support beIN’s Data Warehouse function and business intelligence analytics. This role will be responsible for the construction of all objects necessary within the Data Warehouse and/or analytics platforms - developing interfaces, API’s, data conversion programs and application extensions with reliable error/exception handling and rollback framework. This is an integral role joining multiple data sources to the data warehouse and then preparing the data for end-user analyses and visualization tools (Tableau/Looker).
- Experience building enterprise level SaaS platforms
- Experience with our stack: Python, Django, ElasticSearch, OAuth, Postgres, Redis, Redshift, AWS hosting.
- Experience with multiple ORMs
- Experience with message brokers and task queue frameworks (i.e. RabbitMQ, Celery)
- Experience with test driven development
- Experience working on backends that are scalable, fault tolerant, well-documented and most importantly testable
- Experience building public facing APIs.
- Experience with data scraping, Youtube & Facebook API a plus
- Expertise and product knowledge in reporting, analytics and visualization tools including Tableau, Looker, Microsoft and Google stacks and other tools a plus
- Knowledge of entertainment/sports broadcasting, digital media, OTT/SVOD a plus
- BS in Computer Science OR related engineering degree (Can be offset by experience and demonstrated knowledge).
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- All of our positions are open to people with special needs.
- Please send us your resume and cover letter in English